[Discuss] Debian 12 in the Cloud

Kent Borg kentborg at borg.org
Thu May 30 17:51:46 EDT 2024

On 5/30/24 14:28, Dan Ritter wrote:
> If you're using Debian stable:
>
> sudo apt install sysvinit-core
>
> reboot.

Let me try that. Thanks!

Reboot…

Oooow, and the ssh keys changed! Does that mean I now have the real
version sshd and not the systemd version‽‽ Cool.

And I got back seventy megabytes of disk back.

> Everything should come up again just fine on a non-desktop
> system. Things can be arranged on a desktop system but are
> somewhat more involved.

I wonder how much this would break my MATE desktop…

Interesting, that uninstalled emacs and installed emacs-lucid. Which I
already use on my notebook, because it works better. That might be a
good omen.

-kb