[Discuss] Debian 12 in the Cloud

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Thu May 30 15:50:36 EDT 2024

Kent Borg said on Thu, 30 May 2024 09:31:15 -0700

>And why does
>systemd think it needs to be a whole damn OS in and of itself? It is a
>pig. And it is complex making, it a security risk. (Yes, I blame
>systemd for the xz security breach that nearly backdoored sshd all
>over the internet. No, systemd should *not* be patching other code,
>certainly not sshd. Grrr.)

LOL, better put on your flame proof suit, because I have a feeling
you're going to need it after the preceding paragraph. :-)

Can't you put any OS or distro you want on your Linode thing? Use Void
Linux, runit instead of systemd, less resource hogging training wheels,
especially when your user interface is either CLI or LXDE, LXQt or
Openbox.

Here's how I view systemd:

http://troubleshooters.com/linux/systemd/lol_systemd.htm

I wear my flame proof suit regularly. :-)

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21